20 December 2007

Alberto's Back!


<--Man. It's been a while since we last saw your sorry face.

Now, Alberto "I can't recall" Gonzalez didn't exactly have a reputation as being the most, er, competent of Attorneys General. But if there is one thing I trust this man has the ability to do it is deny knowledge of a scandal. So imagine my shock when reading about the destroyed CIA tapes scandal on CNN and reading this:

Lawyers representing Gonzales refused to comment to CNN on whether he had any knowledge of the tapes while he served as White House counsel or what advice he may have given regarding them.

Lawyers representing Gonzalez?! Now I am no legal expert. But I though the Attorney General was meant to be this government's top lawyer. And while I understand that doesn't necessarily mean he'd make a good corporate or even torts lawyer, I would expect that he should be able to comment on the legality of destroying CIA tapes, being that, well, it was his job to determine the legality of destroying CIA tapes. And we know for sure that he is capable of denying knowledge of just about anything on his own. What gives?

PS. the Chavez post is coming at some point. Don't you worry.

No comments: