09 April 2007

Monday Omnibus, Part 1: The Sequel

Continuing yesterday's blog entry about the Imus mess, today CNN is reporting that Imus apologized:

"I'm not a bad person. I'm a good person, but I said a bad thing. But these young women deserve to know it was not said with malice," he said.

He pointed to his involvement with the Imus Ranch, a cattle farm for children with cancer and blood disorders in Ribera, New Mexico. Ten percent of the children who come to the ranch are black, he added.

"I'm not a white man who doesn't know any African-Americans," he said.

Maybe this would be a bad time to point out that if only 10% of the Imus ranch children are Black, then they are underrepresented as either percentage of general U.S. population or as percentage of population with cancer.

Of course, I'm sure his Black acquaintances already told him this.

In other news, the amazing context sentence from yesterday is gone from this article. I guess someone will now be clueless as to what "ho" could mean.

No comments: