25 February 2008

What does this quote mean?


<--What and uncanny resemblance!

NYTimes is running yet another article on the latest opinion polls. I guess they finally realized that numbers don't tell you everything, so they are doing follow up interviews with certain respondents to supplement the polls. Here's what one Obama supporter had to say:
“He’s from Illinois, and I’m from Illinois, and he reminds me of Abraham Lincoln,” said Dylan Jones, 53, a laborer from Oxford, N.C., who was interviewed in a follow-up to the poll. “I can see him out there splitting rails. I don’t have anything against Hillary Clinton, so I guess it’s because he’s new blood.”
Um...did you know Abraham Lincoln? I mean, I'm a fan of the O as well, but he reminds you of Abraham Lincoln? Just how old are you, Dylan Jones of Oxford, NC, anyway?

Seriously, can anyone tell me what this means?

Bonus points for the first one to do a good Lloyd Bentsen imitation.

No comments: